Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Look Back at 2014

I doubt we'll ever have a year end as crazily as 2014 did. Between bedrest, preterm labor, and the eventual arrival of Connor three weeks early (followed by Christmas and Jeff's brother's wedding on December 28th), it was just an absolute whirlwind! I do intend to go back and write blog posts about Thanksgiving, Christmas, the end of my pregnancy, and Connor's birth, but I didn't want to let the start of 2015 go by without taking a look back at the entire year of 2014, so here we go!

Last year I wrote that 2013 was a "big, big year" for us. 2014 was an even bigger year, starting with a pregnancy and ending with the arrival of our sweet Connor! We also squeezed in some traveling, great times with family and friends, and a few house updates!

2014 marked 4 years of marriage, 11 years since Jeff and I first met, 25 years of Katie, 27 years of Jeff, and fifteen days of Connor. :)

Here's a look back at our 2014 highlights!

January:

We rang in the new year at our third annual New Year's Eve party.

IMG_3331


IMG_2710

We said farewell to my sister, Kristen, when she moved to NYC.

IMG_3408

February:


photo


photo1

March:

I finished (for now!) decorating my craft room/office.

IMG_3937

April:


IMG_4281

We celebrated Jeff's 27th birthday.

IMG_4333


photo1

We found out that I was pregnant with our first child!

IMG_4563

May:


IMG_4515

We celebrated my 25th birthday.

IMG_3398

June:


IMG_3484

We took some final photos of our second guest room before redecorating it to become a nursery.

IMG_4653

July:

We took our annual trip to South Padre Island with my parents and sisters.

IMG_4761


IMG_5222


August:

It was a busy month, with a bachelorette party for my sweet friend Pilar, a bridal shower for my sister-in-law-to-be, and a wedding for another of my cousins!

IMG_1733

We took a trip to Lake Murray, South Carolina to stay at Jeff's parents' new lakehouse, and we spent a night in Savannah, Georgia as well.

IMG_5414

September:

We began another football season of tailgating at Texas A&M in College Station.

IMG_5475

We celebrated the wedding of our friends Pilar and Shane and I miraculously fit into my bridesmaid dress!

IMG_1829


IMG_1890

October:

My sisters and sister-in-law hosted a baby shower for Connor and me.

IMG_6644

We took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.

IMG_7061

November:

We celebrated Thanksgiving (in Houston for the first time ever!).

IMG_4392

December:

Our son, Connor, was born three weeks early!

IMG_7354

We celebrated Christmas. 

IMG_7758

We celebrated the wedding of Jeff's brother, Tim, and his wife, Emily.

DSC_16371-L

What an amazing year! I love that we're starting 2015 as a family of three. We have an exciting, wonderful year ahead!

3 comments:

  1. What a great year you had! Congratulations on the birth of your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all had quite the year! Congrats again on Connor's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope 2015 is just as wonderful, although maybe a little less hectic :)

    That picture of you guys with Connor at the hospital is just so, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete