Friday, October 31, 2014

Connor's "Little Pumpkin" Baby Shower

My sisters and soon-to-be sister-in-law hosted the sweetest baby shower for baby Connor and me! It was "little pumpkin"-themed, and it was just adorable!

IMG_6630
My sisters by the "We Love Our Little Pumpkin" banner. :)

IMG_6632
Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple Cupcakes!

IMG_6625
Delicious food! 

IMG_6644

IMG_6629
All of the guests signed the "Cute as a Button" canvas for Connor's nursery, and they wrote funny messages on diapers for Jeff and I to read during late-night diaper changes. :)

IMG_7051
Sweet shower hostesses - Karoline, Kristen, and Emily!

IMG_7040
My mom and Grandmom!

The hostesses planned a few fun little games. They had everyone guess how big around my belly was by cutting a piece of yarn...

IMG_6657

IMG_6684

IMG_6703
My cousin Liz and my Gran were the winners! 

Next, they divided everyone into a few teams and passed out cut-up photos of Jeff and me. Each team had to piece together various features of Jeff and me to make their prediction of what Connor will look like! 

IMG_6724

IMG_6734

IMG_6735

Before opening gifts, the hostesses put an ice cube into each guest's drink. The ice cubes had little tiny babies inside, and everyone was supposed to race to see who could get their "water to break" (baby to break free from the ice cube) first.

IMG_6753

IMG_6757

IMG_6759
Aunt Lucy was the winner!

I generally don't like situations where I have to be the center of attention, so opening gifts at showers was always a little uncomfortable for me when I had bridal showers before our wedding, but I was so overwhelmed by the sweet, thoughtful gifts that people brought for Connor that I was just so happy the whole time!

IMG_6802

The hostesses asked everyone to bring a book instead of a card, and Connor ended up with a library full of books inscribed with sweet sentiments from his family and friends! So sweet!

IMG_6822

IMG_6826

Connor got so many adorable clothes!

IMG_6787

IMG_6848

IMG_6894

He also got so many handmade, precious gifts!

IMG_6945
A blanket from my great aunt!

IMG_6981
A quilt from Jeff's mom!

IMG_6877
Embroidered bibs from Jeff's great aunt!

The party favors were little paper pumpkins filled with candy. So cute! 

IMG_6624

I was so, so overwhelmed with the love and support of all the sweet ladies who came to the shower, and especially by all the planning and love that Emily, Karoline, and Kristen put into it! I'm a very blessed girl, and Connor is a very blessed little boy to be so loved by so many people already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment