Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Three Years

Three years ago today...




























I tried to pick out some wedding photos that y'all haven't seen before (or haven't seen in a long time), so hopefully that wasn't too boring. :)

Three years of marriage to my best friend in the entire world! It feels like we've been married forever, and it also feels like our wedding was just yesterday. Weird how that works out. To be honest though, I'm happy to be done with Year 3 and moving on to Year 4. The first three years of our marriage will always be "the law school years," and we're both really, really glad to have them behind us. We've been really happy the last three years, but we've just felt like we were constantly running toward a finish line, and now we've finally made it! I think Year 4 is going to be amazing!

Here's a fun fact: this summer also marks TEN YEARS since Jeff and I met. That's a decade, y'all. Of course, little fourteen-year-old me had no idea that he'd one day become my husband, but still. Ten years. Gratuitous really old photos:


Those are the earliest photos of the two of us that I have (taken with my very first digital camera, a 3.1 megapixel giant block-shaped thing!). Brought to you courtesy of a high school band trip to Disneyworld. 

Anyway, back to present day... 

Jeff, thank you for being my husband. You'll forever be the best thing that ever happened to me and the biggest blessing in my life. There really is nothing better than falling in love with your best friend. Thank you for inspiring me to be the person you see in me, for getting me through law school, and for accepting all of my imperfections and loving me relentlessly anyway. I love you.

I pre-scheduled this post because I'm on Day 2 of taking the Bar exam today (assuming I didn't have a nervous breakdown on Day 1), so we're going to postpone our anniversary celebrations just a bit until we have the Bar exam behind us. And boy will we have a lot to celebrate then! 

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:7-8

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 3 years! And I love those early pics of you guys...so cute! Hope the exam is going well for you!! Get ready to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete