Friday, June 7, 2013

24th Birthday + Fort Worth Trip

I turned 24 last Friday! It wasn't the most exciting birthday because I spent the first part of the day studying for the Bar exam and the second part of the day in the car driving to Fort Worth (not so much fun for someone who gets carsick). But Jeff and I went to lunch at Chick-fil-A, and we stopped on the way to Fort Worth for dinner at Red Lobster, so we did celebrate a bit! And I got plenty of phone calls and text messages and cards from friends and family, so I felt quite loved! 

We made a last minute decision to go to Fort Worth for the weekend to visit my sister Kristen, Jeff's grandparents, and my friend Pilar. We got there after dinner on Friday, and Jeff's grandma had made me a delicious birthday cake! Jeff and Grandma and Grandaddy sang "Happy Birthday," and that was probably the best part of my day! 

On Saturday we woke up and went to Ol South for German pancakes. We go every time we visit with them, and they never get any less delicious!

German pancakes at Ol South! A tradition when we visit Grandma and Grandaddy!

Oh, and for some crazy reason, that's the one and only picture I took all weekend! Haha. 

Actually, I take that back. I took this one before we left on Friday:

Spending my birthday doing Bar exam review. No fun.
(but that's no fun at all)

We hung out with my sister and family on Saturday, and Grandma had Kristen and her boyfriend over for dinner on Saturday night. On Sunday we had breakfast with Grandma and Grandaddy, helped them with a few projects around the house, and then went to lunch with my good friend Pilar and her fiance! So fun!

We saw a lot of people in just a couple days, and it was a great (although quick and slightly exhausting) trip! 

Oh, and speaking of the birthday, Jeff gave me this watch, which I love, and he gets bonus points because he found it on my Pinterest and then looked all over to find somewhere that had it in stock. Best husband ever, right? :) 

Birthday present from Jeff!

I also got birthday money from family, a lovely pair of earrings from Jeff's grandparents, and two of these adorable coffee cups from my sister (the first thing I've ever owned from Anthropologie!):

photo-3

So now I'm 24, which I like a whole lot better than 23 because it's a nice, even number (is that weird? haha!). I remember when I was in middle school I used to think that being 25 would be like the very best part of my life. I'm not sure why I had that in my head, but I just thought age 25 would be like the prime of life, and I'd be beautiful and successful and happy. So now that I'm 24, I feel like I have to work really hard for the next year to make my life totally awesome so I don't let middle-school-me down when I hit 25. Is that crazy? At least I'm done with law school... I know middle-school-me would not have liked it if that was my life at 25! Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment