Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Bed in Progress!

Our Master Bedroom Re-do is definitely a slow process. I'm trying really hard to only buy things I absolutely love for that room, and it just takes a long time to find things you absolutely love! We finally got enough pieces of the room together to actually put together the new bed + bedding, so here's what the room is looking like these days:


We normally have four white pillows (two on each side) behind the big Euro ones, but we were headed out to visit my parents at the lake when I took these, and three of the four pillows were already packed in the car... oops! I went with white sheets even though the headboard, duvet, and little pillow are cream/ivory. I just think white looks so luxurious and comfy, and so far the white + tan combo isn't bothering me at all... I just love those crisp, clean sheets! 


The headboard is the one we found at the Pottery Barn Outlet store (the Raleigh headboard). We paired it with a bed frame from Target. I found the big Euro pillows at HomeGoods (as well as a nice set of white sheets), and the little beaded pillow is this one from Pottery Barn (I bought it on sale a while back):



The quilt is Pottery Barn's washed velvet quilt in Dark Porcelain Blue, which we found at Pottery Barn Outlet. It's not available to purchase anymore (although you can get the shams here). The duvet at the foot of the bed is Ikea's Ransby duvet, which we found on super-clearance at our Ikea (I think it's discontinued now, but you can find it on eBay, etc.). We filled it with a not-too-thick duvet... the quilt provides plenty of warmth for the hot summer months in Texas, but when it gets wintery here, we'll probably use the duvet on top of the quilt for a little extra warmth and coziness. 

Here's a close up of the pillows: 


I want to make a couple 18x18 pillows out of the shams that came with the Ikea duvet... so eventually there will be a couple more pillows up there to tie in the duvet at the foot of the bed. 


We found those two lamps at HomeGoods and snatched them up! I love the linen shades and architectural bases. They're pretty much the only thing we've purchased so far for the room other than what's on the bed. Oh, and a mattress. We did get a new mattress too (large accomplishment, considering how much we hate mattress shopping)!

Here's a close-up of the duvet cover - I just love the subtle floral pattern!


So, that's where we're at right now. Clearly this is the slowest bedroom makeover of all time. But I really like it so far. Now we're trying to decide on dressers/nightstands and a paint color. Tough stuff! 

What do y'all think? 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. oh, i love it so far! i read this article in southern living a few months back and you intuitively followed all of their instructions - particularly making the bed with a quilt and folding the duvet at the food of the bed. you design wizard, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yesss! Honestly though, I just fell in love with both the Ikea duvet and the PB quilt, so I had to figure out a way to make them play together. :)

      Delete