Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vanilla Ice Cream

I love my ice cream maker. I've made quite a few delicious ice creams since I got it (apple pie ice cream, chocolate velvet ice cream, lemon ice cream,  pumpkin spice ice cream, strawberry cheesecake ice cream, and more!), but I've been searching for months for the perfect plain old vanilla recipe.

I've tried quite a few vanilla recipes, but I just couldn't seem to find one that I loved enough to stick with. But, I finally found the one that I'll be using from now on!


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
5 eggs (you can use Egg Beaters or a similar product if you're worried about the raw eggs)
2 12oz cans evaporated milk
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3.5oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk

Directions:
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together eggs, evaporated milk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in the pudding mix until smooth.
2. Pour half the mixture into your ice cream maker. Add in 1 1/2 cups milk, and freeze according to the directions on your ice cream maker (mine takes about 30 minutes). Once it's done, freeze in the freezer for a couple hours before serving. Use the remaining vanilla mixture after the first half is done (do the same thing - pour it in, then add the 1 1/2 cups milk, then let it go for 30 minutes or so). You may need to re-freeze your ice cream maker base between batches. Note: these directions are for those with smaller ice cream makers like me. If you have an ice cream maker that will do an entire gallon at once, you can just pour the entire mixture in and add the 3 cups milk. 


(mixing the ingredients)


(adding the pudding mix)


(freezing for 30 minutes)

(all done!)

(in the freezer for a couple hours)

Ta-da!

Pin It

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment