Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Five Things

1. Why We're Not Ready for Babies Yet

Me: You know, it's a little sad that only the moms get to have the baby in their tummy.
Jeff: I'm totally okay with it.
Me: But you know, when we have kids, I'll feel them kick and stuff and you won't. And when they come out they'll recognize my voice because they've been listening to me all day every day. That's why babies like their mommies.
Jeff: Babies like daddies too!
Me: Only if they talk to the tummy.
Jeff: I will talk to it! I'll read it stories!
Me: Aww...
Jeff: I'll read it The Hunger Games!
Me: You will not! That book is about violence!
Jeff: May the odds be ever in your favor...

Or this one...

Jeff: Do you need anything from Wal-Mart?
Me: If they have puppies there, will you get me one?
Jeff: Umm, yes. If there are puppies, I'll buy you one.
Me: Okay. If there are babies there will you get me one?
Jeff: Like babies for sale?
Me: Well no... I think it's illegal to purchase a baby. 
Jeff: Well there will probably be babies there, but I think they belong to other people...
Me: Oh, okay.  Just a puppy then. 

2. Family Photos

I got some photos from the professional photographer at Jeff's dad's 30-years-with-his-company luncheon, and I just LOVE this one of the whole family:


The "formal" version is pretty nice too, but the fun one is so much better!


Then there's this next photo, which I have absolutely no explanation for. Why are Jeff and I both making that awful face? Were we intentionally making the exact same face? Why do we look so weird? I've never seen myself make that face before, and I've never seen Jeff make that face. What is going on? I don't know what Jeff's dad is saying at this particular moment, but this was when he was introducing us to everyone and he was only saying nice things! Do we just go around making that face all the time and we have no idea we're doing it? 

I have absolutely no idea.

3. Song of the Day Week Month

I'm kind of obsessed with this song. It's like the official song of Katie's Lent 2012. "I've tried to hear from heaven, but I talked the whole time." This is so my song.

Addison Road - What Do I Know of Holy

4. Palm Sunday


I love Palm Sunday. It's one of my favorite church services of the whole entire year. Plus, I get to bring home brand new palm branches!


We're so close to Easter... I just love the anticipation of Holy Week. 

5. Socks

Sometimes Jeff helps me with laundry. Actually, he always helps me with laundry if he's at home when I'm doing it. He's a good husband like that. Anyway, the other day we were doing a load of laundry and he came across a couple of socks and just started laughing. Apparently it's funny that his socks are so much bigger than mine. I happened to have my camera right next to me so I was able to snap this photo:

That's mine on the left. I guess it is pretty funny! :)

So, what's going on with y'all? Do you have way smaller socks than your husband? Who wants to guess what on earth is going on in that awful picture of us with Jeff's dad? Anyone else obsessed with that Addison Road song? Do you ever try to convince your husband to buy a puppy at Wal-Mart? 

3 comments:

  1. LMAO at the Hunger Games comment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff can SING to the tummy! Of my three kids....Jeff is the most musical. Go figure....I was singing in several different choral organizations in West Texas including the Symphony Chorale while pregnant with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twin facial expressions are hilarious! And I am always suggesting another puppy to my hubby...

    ReplyDelete