Thursday, July 7, 2011

Delicious Cornbread!

I used to only make cornbread from those little Jiffy mix boxes. I had tried a few cornbread recipes, but none were much better than the box. UNTIL... I stumbled upon this recipe! It's got the corn flavor, it's just the right amount of sweet, it's easy to make, and it's just delicious!


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1/2 c cornmeal
1 1/2 c flour
2/3 c sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c canola oil (or vegetable oil)
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c milk

Directions:
1. Lightly grease an 8" square pan and preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
3. Add in the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed. Batter will be runny - don't worry!
4. Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Serve warm with butter!

Dry ingredients

Wet ingredients added!

Batter

Into the oven it goes...

Ta-da!

Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to have to try this sometime soon. We love a good cornbread around here and I've always done the boxes too but this is worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM I used to do the boxes as well but just gave this one a try!

    ReplyDelete