Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm on a Sugar High!!!!!

Apologies for the lack of posts recently...my beloved Toshiba laptop has decided that its time to die a slow death, and its awfully difficult to blog while your computer is turning himself off at random intervals that average about seven minutes in length.

Benefit of living with my parents temporarily: they have a computer I can use. Which is good, because I have exciting news!!

Okay everyone...listen up, because this is important. IM. POR. TANT.

I just ordered the candy for the candy buffet. Like just now. And I'm so excited that I just have to write a blog post about it before I burst!

So our wedding colors are navy and maroon...and I wanted the candy buffet to match that, but of course candy doesn't come in specific shades like "navy" or "maroon," so it kind of morphed into a Red & Blue candy buffet. Sooo...yeah, I'm heading into July 4th territory a little bit, but it's candy...so who cares, right?

Let me get to the good stuff...here's what will fill my pretty glass jars:
*all images are from ACandyStore.com unless otherwise noted

The Chocolates:

Milk Chocolate Hearts in Red Foil

These were probably the most expensive of the bunch (chocolate is more pricey than other candies), but they're so cute! Count on any leftovers being re-used for Valentine's Day.

Royal Blue Sixlets

I'm sooo looking forward to seeing a million of these little guys in one of our jars. They come in 10-pound batches, so I've got 10 pounds of these headed my way!

York Peppermint Patties

These are probably my favorite candy ever. Jeff bought me a bag of them for our first Valentine's Day after we started dating. And they just so happen to be red and blue. I bought them at Wal-Mart.

The Gummi Candies:

Jelly Belly Raspberries and Blackberries

My sister found these a couple weeks after I announced my candy buffet plans. She brought home a little bag for me to try, and my goodness - these things are good. I've been passing them up at the grocery store for years, but it turns out they're seriously yummy. Go buy some. I got mine at HEB in the bulk candy aisle, which saved major $$$ on shipping costs even thought the candy itself was more expensive than it was online.

Red Raspberry Slices

These are so cute. I just love them. They make me happy.

Twizzlers Cherry Bites

These also came from Wal-Mart, and I'm seriously having to restrain myself from eating them prematurely. All the yumminess of Twizzlers with all the cuteness of bite-sized candy...perfect.

Blue Gummi Sharks

I'm hoping these will be a favorite with the kids at the wedding. I was sure my Mom would give me that "Katie...seriously?" look when I told her about them, but she was just as excited as I am about the prospect of edible sugary marine life.

The Hard Candies:

Cinnamon Imperial Hearts

These are like Red Hots, but heart-shaped. I bought normal Red Hots from Wal-Mart to save $$$ on shipping costs and avoid the mark-up that comes with making them heart-shaped, but my mom was so dissappointed with the boring old circles that she offered to pay the shipping to get the hearts. So hearts it is.

Watermelon Drops

I think I'm really going to like these. They remind me of a candy I used to eat when I was a kid and we lived in London and we had a man that would come mow the lawn for us and bring my sister and I candy. His name was Mister George.

I'm not going to tell you what I spent on all this candy because it's a whole bunch of money. There's a little issue called melting that comes into play with candy (not just chocolate!), and that issue forces you to choose expedited shipping, which is insanely expensive. But this was something that was important to me, and its worth it to me to actually recreate the vision I have in my head. I'm beyond excited.

And guess what? All those shipping fees I paid mean that the candy is coming THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW! Excited much? Yes.

Soooo what do you guys think? Would you be able to restrain yourself from a jar full of Twizzlers bites in your closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment