Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Best Laid Plans

So last Thursday I was supposed to have my Bridal Portraits taken. I had coordinated schedules with my photographer and my hair-and-makeup-artist to pick a day that worked for everyone. I had finalized my Wedding Day jewelry, veil, etc. And then this happened:


So we had to reschedule. But it wasn't an issue because I'd thought ahead and had both Kelli, Taker of Photographs and Hilda, Designer of Faces and Hair hold a second date in case of rain. The second date was today. Here's the Houston forecast:

Rest of Today: Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent

Sooo, the new date is June 14th. The good news is that my dress (which had been altered enough to make it look alright for photos, but not quite finished) can be finished by then, so I won't have to take my pictures with a slightly-too-long hem.

Moral of the Story: Sometimes you make great plans, and you even make back-up plans in case the real plans go awry, and still everything falls apart. It's frustrating, but it turns out okay in the end. Especially if you have great wedding vendors who are willing to bend over backwards to find a third open date for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment