Friday, February 13, 2015

7 Quick Takes

I have so many random little things that I wanted to mention on the blog, so I'm linking up with Kelly for Seven Quick Takes today!


1. Connor's Baptism

I'm still sort of floating on the high of Connor being baptized. I absolutely loved celebrating his first sacrament. What a blessing! Being on maternity leave gave me the time to actually plan the details of his baptism party and execute those plans so it looked like the image in my head, which was something I haven't been able to do for a party in a long time, and I really enjoyed it.

We didn't get around to opening the gifts and cards he received for a few days, and when we did I was just overwhelmed by the love and support of our sweet family. What a gift it is for our child to be prayed for and supported in his faith by so many people. Connor received so many thoughtful presents. If you're ever looking for a sweet baptism gift, here are a few that I'm jotting down in my mind to give as future baptism gifts...





Lil' Prayer Buddy Lamb (it says the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be!)




2. Podcasts

I think I'm a little late to the party, but I've recently become a big fan of podcasts. They're perfect for keeping me awake during middle-of-the-night breastfeeding (and better than scrolling through Facebook or Instagram on my phone because I can still make eye contact with Connor while listening to them). I made it through Serial in about a week, and I started at the beginning of Fountains of Carrots and I'm about halfway through. What other ones should I be listening to?

3. 2014 Photobook

Our 2014 photobook is here (gracias to MyPublisher's latest free extra pages sale)! I don't love the cover for this year's book, but there were slim pickings for photos that had Connor in them (given that he was only outside my uterus for 15 days of 2014), and I couldn't do a photo without our little boy in it!

IMG_8291

It follows the format of our 2011-2013 books and has all of our important trips/events/etc., including lots of Connor prep and Connor's arrival!

IMG_8292

IMG_8295

IMG_8296

IMG_8297

Like always, my favorite pages are the full-page landscape spreads.


IMG_8294
(from our Monaco trip)

On the back, we always pick an important photo and Bible verse for the year. This year, the little square photo HAD to be a Connor photo, and the Bible verse was an easy choice - 1 Samuel 1:27.

IMG_8373

See our whole 2014 photobook here, or pictures of our previous photobooks here!

IMG_8376

4. Bacon a la Pinterest

Pinterest told me that cooking bacon in the oven was a good idea. So I tried it. And I lived to tell the tale that YES - it is a good idea! 15-20 minutes at 375 on a foil-covered rimmed pan = cooked bacon, easy cleanup, and no bacon fat sprayed all over my stovetop. Love it!

5. Free Coffee February

PSA for anyone who hasn't heard - Chick-fil-A has free coffee for all of February. Totally free. All the time.


We have a Chick-fil-A right outside the entrance to our neighborhood, so it's on my way to anywhere and everywhere, and I think I've been there for coffee at least half of the days of February so far. The iced vanilla coffee is particularly lovely.

I was discussing this at a baby playgroup recently and some of the other moms were all like GASP! but, caffeine and breastfeeding?!?!, so I guess I'm officially a laid-back mama or something, but really... I don't think one cup of coffee is doing anything. Anything other than tasting delicious, that is. :)

6. Eight Years

Jeff and I just celebrated our 8-year "date-iversary" on February 11th. We don't actually have an actual "started dating" date, since we kind of slowly transitioned from "best friends" to "together," but February 11, 2007 was the first time we said "I love you," so that's the date we've always used.

Eight years of telling him I love him, and I still think I love him more and more every time I say it. :)

Here's a photo from around that same time... look how little we were!


7. Breakfast (and let's be honest, lunch too)

I'm obsessed with this new cereal from Quaker Oats. Peach + Apple + Walnut + Granola = Mmmm. Next time Jeff goes out of town for work, I might just eat this stuff for every meal until he gets home. :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've even said congratulations since Connor was born, so yay for baby!! He's adorable. It was funny for me to see you linking up for 7QT...I'm pretty sure I first found your blog through Kelly's Korner and now I see you also join me in reading the Catholic bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete