Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Baby News: Telling the Extended Family

Since we shared the baby news with our immediate families on Mother's Day, it seemed appropriate to share the news with our grandparents on Father's Day! We bought a little "I love my Great Grandpa" onesie and wrapped it up for our grandfathers as a Father's Day gift. We drove to Plano/McKinney/Fort Worth for the weekend, along with my parents and my sister, Karoline. We were looking forward to telling everyone, but we had no idea we'd get such amazing reactions from all of our grandparents! Lots of cute grandparent photos ahead...

We celebrated Father's Day with my mom's dad and a bunch of my aunts, uncles, and cousins with dinner the night before Father's Day. Gran-dad opened the onesie and (after initially thinking we had given him a pair of underwear) was very excited!

IMG_4628
"I think they got me underwear!"

IMG_4629
Check out Gran-mom's face! :)

IMG_4630

IMG_3468
Great-grandparents to be!

IMG_3476

IMG_3484
(if it looks like I'm suffering from all-day morning sickness in this photo, it's because I was...)

IMG_3492
Four generations!

We were staying at my dad's parents' house, so after Mass Sunday morning we gave Grandpa his gift to open.

IMG_4631

IMG_3498

IMG_3499

IMG_4634

IMG_3500

IMG_4635

IMG_4637

IMG_4640

We had lunch at Maggiano's with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and her fiance, and Grandpa was really excited to share the news at lunch. While we were sitting at lunch, he casually pulled the onesie out and just set it on his shirt. My aunt and uncle's reactions were priceless!

IMG_3509
Ready to go into the restaurant... onesie hiding in the bag!

IMG_3510

IMG_3511

We had dinner on Father's Day with Jeff's grandparents, so we gave Grandaddy the onesie to open when we got to their house that afternoon. He was so excited, and he hung it up on their photo bookshelf!

IMG_4641

IMG_4642

IMG_4643

Jeff's Grandma: "Oh, finally! I hoped we'd live long enough to see this!" :) 

IMG_4644

IMG_4645

The pictures don't even begin to convey the absolute joy we felt that weekend. This little baby is so, so blessed to be joining a family full of people are so excited and loving! 

1 comment:

  1. I love all of their reactions! Your baby is so loved already :)

    ReplyDelete