Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wedding Vows Print

So once upon a time I was wandering around HomeGoods and I saw this frame:

photo_4

I loved it, so I bought it and brought it home. I ended up putting it on my nightstand, but it sat there for months without anything in it because I hadn't planned out what I was going to put in the pretty frame before I bought it (please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!). 

We're almost done with our master bedroom re-do (I know, I know... we're the slowest re-decorators ever), so I figured it was about time that I actually put something in the frame. The only problem was that by that time, I had become pretty attached to the little paper inside of the frame. The colors just complemented our bedding so nicely!

So I came up with a plan that would allow me to keep the pretty paper, but cover up the part with the brand name and "8 x 10." I printed out our wedding vows in a scripty blue font on some cream cardstock, then I cut out a little design and a little heart and strategically glued them onto the paper to cover up the words.

IMG_4387

The whole "wedding vows art" thing is much more sentimental and sappy than I normally am, but I actually really love having our vows printed and displayed in our bedroom. When I was making this, I actually had to look up my blog post about our wedding ceremony because I couldn't remember exactly what our vows were. But now, I see them every day and I have them memorized and I think that's a wonderful thing. Easier to keep them if you remember what exactly you promised, right? :) 

IMG_4388

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Very creative. And I also buy frames when I see one I like b sure enough if I don't have one handy it takes me forever to find one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We have multiple frames that are waiting for pictures. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete