Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Things I Never Blogged About - Part 3

Here are another three things I totally forgot to blog about!

1. Recreated Brothers Photo

Jeff took this photo with his mom and brothers when he was little (he's on the top left):

photo2

Jeff's mom had the bright idea that we should recreate the photo and give it to Jeff's dad for his birthday, so we did! We were laughing so hard while we took the photos... I had to really concentrate to get some that weren't blurry! Haha.

IMG_3381

IMG_3383

Here's the finished product:

photo1

Teehee. Pretty cute, right?

2. Miniature Parfaits!

My parents gave me a set of mini parfait dishes (complete with tiny spoons!) for Christmas, and they are so fun! Here are my favorite two parfaits to make in them so far...

IMG_3320

Lemon Berry Parfaits - layer pound cake, lemon curd, strawberries, and fresh whipped cream

IMG_3325

S'Mores Parfaits - layer chocolate pudding, crumbled graham crackers, and marshmallows

IMG_3322

To make the s'mores ones extra-special, I like to toast the marshmallows on top with my creme brulee torch. :)

IMG_3324

photo_3

Here we are with family enjoying some mini parfaits!

IMG_3319

3. Things That Are Cute

Sometimes I just take pictures of things around the house that make me happy. Here's a little assortment:

photo_13
Jeff and Katie Chicken Pot Pie :)

IMG_3589
Gerber daisies!

4. The Humble Rodeo!

The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is a big deal around here. It's a BIG production. But here in our sweet little suburb of Humble, we have our own (slightly smaller) rodeo that's just as fun (and much less expensive, and everyone has great seats)!

photo_1

We've never been to the Humble Rodeo before, but we went this year with two other couples. There were all the same rodeo events as the regular big rodeo, and Kevin Fowler did a concert, and it was a great time!

photo_2
Cows!

photo

photo_3

photo

And now I'm alllllmost caught up on blogging. Almost. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment