Thursday, February 27, 2014

Things I Never Blogged About - Part 2

I'm continuing on with my quest to catch up on all the things I never blogged about! Today's post is going to be a little Kristen-centric. Kristen is my little sister, and her life is WAY more exciting than mine. I keep telling her she should have a blog, but we'll just use her life events as blog content for Spirals & Spatulas instead. :)

Kristen's 23rd Birthday!
Kristen turned 23 the same night that Tim & Emily got engaged, and we celebrated with a big group of her friends with dinner at Gloria's and a night out at Howl at the Moon. Jeff and I decided we're officially too old to stay out until 2:00am with a bunch of 22-year-olds. Haha!

IMG_3372

Kristen's Going-Away Cake
Kristen moved to New York in January (we miss her, but it's very exciting!). We were going to host a going away party for her, but she ended up leaving sooner than planned so she could attend a funeral in NYC, so we never had the party. I still made her cake though - a "yellow rose of Texas" cake!

IMG_2747

I found these yellow sugar flowers on clearance at Hobby Lobby, and I immediately pictured the whole thing in my head. I was so excited when it actually worked!

IMG_2754

This is one of my favorite cakes I've ever made ever. :)

IMG_2750

Kristen's Departure
When it came time to take Kristen to the airport for her one-way flight (aaah!!), we all (except Jeff, who was on a business trip) went to say goodbye.

IMG_3407

IMG_3408
I clearly wasn't very ready to say goodbye. Haha. 

IMG_3409
And just like that... she was off!

Now Kristen's all settled in NYC with a new job and a new apartment, and we can't wait to visit her!

1 comment: