Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Look Back at 2013

Wow. 2013 was a big, big year for us. New jobs and new diplomas for each of us, a new car, lots of traveling, lots of quality time with family and friends, and a few house updates thrown in for good measure. We've been busy!

We took trips together to Seattle, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alaska, Canada, and Singapore, plus lots of in-Texas trips (Johnson City, Llano, Fredricksburg, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Lake Livingston, South Padre Island, McKinney, Plano, and San Antonio). Jeff travelled to Africa for work, and I went to Midland, TX, Dallas, TX and Washington, DC for work.We had plenty of Houston fun too... everything from strawberry picking to brewery touring!

I shared 51 recipes on the blog (it always amazes me how large that number is at the end of each year!). 2013 marked three years of marriage, ten years since we first met (how was that a decade ago already?!?), 24 years of Katie, and 26 years of Jeff!

Here's a quick look back at our 2013 highlights:

January:

We rang in the new year at our second annual New Year's Eve party.


We watched the Aggies win the Cotton Bowl at a party hosted by my parents.





February:





March:


IMG_4771


IMG_5120

We visited Aunt Lucy (Jeff's great aunt) in San Antonio.

IMG_0302

We celebrated Easter with our families.

IMG_1355

April:





I spent a day in the hospital, and now I know what kidney stones feel like (spoiler alert: NOT good).



Jeff turned 26.


May:








I went strawberry picking with my little sister.




June:


We went to the Houston Symphony to hear them play the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.


We took a trip to a resort in Louisiana for a weekend event with Jeff's work.


We celebrated Father's Day with our dads.




July:



August:


We went on a cruise to Alaska and Canada.

Cruise001

We went to Seattle.

IMG_0446

We enjoyed our annual trip to South Padre Island with my family.

IMG_0900

September:


I started working full time at a law firm.

October:

We did some more Fightin' Texas Aggie Tailgating in College Station.

We took a trip to the pumpkin patch.

IMG_2562

I found out I passed the bar exam!

IMG_0878

November:

I took a work trip to DC.

IMG_0937

December:

We went to Fort Worth to see my sister, Kristen, graduate from TCU.

IMG_3050

We celebrated Christmas with our families.

IMG_3317

What a year! We can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment