Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Five Things!

It's another Five Things day, and I've got five pretty quick ones today! Here we go...

1. My New Job
I started work last week! I'm not officially a lawyer yet (bar exam results still aren't out), but it felt good to get started. For now at least, I'm having fun getting dressed in cute business clothes and driving into downtown and spending the day up in a skyscraper! It's the same law firm I worked at last summer, so I was already pretty familiar with the office, my co-workers, etc., which made for a pretty comfortable first week. I doubt I'll write much about work on the blog ever, but I figured it was worth documenting this start to a new phase of our life! 

Screen shot 2013-09-22 at 5.07.49 PM
The pretty view from my office when it's dark outside! 

I wanted to get Jeff to take a "first day of work" photo to document the occasion, but he was still asleep when I left last Monday, and it didn't seem worth waking him up for. Haha!

2. Jeff's New Job
Speaking of new starts, Jeff found out he's getting a new position at work as well! It was about time, since he's been in his current position since 2010. He'll be with the same company, but he'll have a different job and a different group of people to work with. And he'll be working downtown like me (I foresee lots of lunch dates)! He's excited to do something a little different and learn new things, and I'm excited that he'll be primarily in Houston with only occasional travel (in the engineering world, it's pretty common to have jobs overseas, or jobs where you travel to crazy places for half of each month). 

3. A Wedding in Tulsa!
When I blogged about our trips to Alaska, South Padre, and Singapore, I forgot to mention one smaller trip we took! We spent a weekend in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a friend's wedding! It was a quick trip, but we were happy to be there for the wedding and we got to stay in the cutest hotel (an old life insurance company office renovated into a hotel!). 

Screen shot 2013-09-22 at 5.05.17 PM
Pretty hotel (that's our room, a converted office, on the top left!)

Here we are at the wedding:

Screen shot 2013-09-22 at 1.12.19 AM

4. ThredUP
I may be really late to jump on this bandwagon, but I love this secondhand clothing website! I shop almost exclusively at Banana Republic for work stuff, so I was able to restrict my search to Banana Republic stuff and select the sizes that I know fit me and I love everything I got! It all looks brand new, and all three of the things I bought are even cuter in person (and they work for work outfits AND more casual outfits, which is great)!

original

original

original

So yeah. I think everyone should check out ThredUP. I hear there's a similar one called Twice... has anyone had shopping success with them? 

5. Mesothelioma Awareness
September 26th is Mesothelioma Awareness Day, so I told Heather that I would post a link to her mesothelioma survivor story to help spread awareness. It's an inspiring story of hope and motherhood, and definitely worth a click over!  

2 comments:

  1. YAY for your new job! And that is awesome that you two will be working downtown together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your new job is going well so far! And that is so exciting that you'll be able to meet up for lunch dates!

    ReplyDelete