Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bar Exam Bible Verses

I want to share the Bible verses that got me through the horrible journey of studying for the bar exam. I think the fear, worry, and stress that I experienced are universal emotions, so I'm sure there are a lot of different situations where these verses would be comforting. At the very least, maybe someone who Googles "bar exam bible verses" next year will find this instead of the unsatisfying list of search results that I found when I Googled it a couple months ago!

For the times when I thought I couldn't handle it anymore:

I lift my eyes to the hills. From whence does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

For the times when I was just plain terrified:

Some trust in their war chariots and others in their horses, but we trust in the power of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27

Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

For the times when I needed a little motivation:

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirt of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

6 comments:

  1. I will be looking this up in two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. Two years later and I did google bar exam scripture. I have been freaking out with only 20 days until the California bar exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little over one week away. Thank you for this ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I take the bar tomorrow and this helped me ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is studying for the upcoming bar. She loved these scriptures. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is tomorrow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete