Tuesday, April 30, 2013

26 Years of Jeff!

I forgot to blog about Jeff's birthday! It happened right before my kidney stone fiasco, so that's my excuse. :)

On April 9th, Jeff turned 26! 

It was a Wednesday, but we still had fun by meeting some friends and Jeff's brothers for Happy Hour at Benjy's (our absolute favorite happy hour spot!).


They have a lot of great appetizers, so we had an assortment of those for dinner and sat on their upstairs patio and had a happy little evening!

My favorite thing to get is brussel sprouts, which is weird because I don't even like brussel sprouts. But these are delicious! 

Jeff requested a strawberry rhubarb pie again, but I spent a large portion of the day driving around all of northeast Houston looking for rhubarb to no avail. Last year I was able to find some frozen at HEB, but I chatted with the manager of the HEB in Kingwood, and he told me that HEB has stopped stocking it because people don't buy it. So next year I'll have to plan ahead and drive into town and go to Central Market I think!

I made a strawberry cranberry pie instead (using the same recipe), and although it was good, we both like the rhubarb version better.

IMG_6209

IMG_6212

I gave him a new Houston Astros t-shirt and tickets to this cool event where the Houston Symphony is going to play the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean live while showing the movie (minus the soundtrack). We like the symphony, and Jeff likes Pirates of the Caribbean, so I think it'll be fun! He also got some money from family and Lowe's gift cards from our parents (gotta keep that yard looking nice for the spring and summer!). 

I freaked out a bit about Jeff being in his "upper twenties" and "closer to thirty than twenty!" but he didn't seem to mind at all. And he made sure to point out that, mathematically, he's been closer to thirty than twenty for a year already. Engineers.

Happy Birthday, sweet husband. I love you! 

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Kelly's Korner. I look forward to reading more. Great blog posts and pics ! I love the 30 before 30 idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Kelly also. Happy to link up!!

    ReplyDelete