Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day #7

This last Valentine's Day was our seventh together, but thanks to all those long-distance years, it was only our third spent actually physically together. We don't go crazy with Valentine's Day gifts and stuff, but we do always celebrate somehow! 

There were cards...


I got Jeff the newly-released Peter Pan Blu-ray DVD (he's collecting all the Disney classics as they get released from "the vault"), and he got me a bunch of K-Cups. :) 



I put up a few decorations around the house...




This year we decided to actually go out for dinner on Valentine's Day. We've never done that before because of the horror stories we'd heard of huge crowds and craziness, but our favorite nice Italian restaurant in Kingwood advertised a Valentine's menu that looked really delicious, so we decided to try. Jeff was running late getting home from work, so I curled my hair!


That's my absolute favorite way to do my hair, but it takes SO long, so I hardly ever do it! Oh, and I got to wear my new Banana Republic blazer, which is my new favorite piece of clothing. I wore it three days last week. Haha!



It turns out going out to eat on Valentine's Day isn't bad at all! We showed up about 7:30, no reservations, and got a table immediately. Then we enjoyed their delicious three-course menu (lobster bisque or caprese salad appetizers, filet & shrimp with mushroom risotto or mushroom ravioli main course, and tiramisu or cannoli dessert with a glass of prosecco) for just $30 each. There were live musicians playing at the restaurant, which is right on Lake Houston, so the view is beautiful, and they gave me a pretty pink rose! 



I had the perfect vase for it! 

Y'all... I love the suburbs. In Houston, there would've been an hour-long wait, and the bill would've been twice as big. We love living out here for lots of reasons, and perfect Valentine's Day dinners are another reason to add to the list!


Jeff brought me home these flowers, and they sat like this for two days because I had to get up the courage to cut and arrange them after my finger incident in December. This was the first time I've cut flowers since the Great Flower-Cutting Disaster of 2012, and I'm happy to report that I did it without a trip to the ER! 



Oh, and of course, I took advantage of the post-Valentine's-Day candy sales on my Friday trip to the grocery store and created these over the weekend:

Square pretzels + Hersheys hugs (melted onto the pretzels in the over at 200 for 3 minutes) + M&Ms
Pin It

All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day #7!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks so pretty that way! And I love that little table {in your entryway, I'm assuming?}

    Is there anything you do miss about living in the city?

    ReplyDelete