Thursday, June 9, 2011

Craft Room Inspiration

In the new house, I have a craft room. It's pretty big and it has wonderful high ceilings and a cute little window, but I have nothing to decorate it with.

Doorway

Looking into the room - window and closet door

Walls between closet door and entry door

I've been collecting inspiration for the craft room from stores I visit and things I find online, and I'm all over the place! I know I want something fresh and fun (and maybe a little girly, since this is the one place Jeff will be totally okay with some femininity in the house), but I just can't seem to pick a color combo! Here's what I've got so far:



Nothing says girly like pink! And a daybed would be a useful and cute addition...


Source: google.com via Katie on Pinterest

What about the clean, classy look of yellow & white? I kind of love it...

Plus, if I painted the wall yellow, I could do a white plate wall like this:




Or, maybe I could pair the pink with the yellow and throw in some of these cute items:


Source: etsy.com via Katie on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Katie on Pinterest


My latest idea is a eggplant/fuschia/white combo, inspired by this aisle at Target:






Regardless of what colors I end up going with, there are a few things I definitely want...

A DIY circle painting:



Pretty bookshelves:


Source: flickr.com via Katie on Pinterest


A desk that floats in the room rather than hugging a wall:


Source: scrapbook.com via Katie on Pinterest



Source: lh3.ggpht.com via Katie on Pinterest





The clean look of white against a painted wall:


Source: google.com via Katie on Pinterest


I'm loving this desk from Target for its width and simple style:


Source: overstock.com via Katie on Pinterest


And last but not least, I'm going to try my hardest to make some Scrabble-art fit in somewhere:




What do you guys think? I'm thinking 1) paint the walls, 2) a colorful rug, and 3) desk/bookshelves/shelves painted white. But past that, I just can't decide!

4 comments:

  1. I vote for yellow and white of course!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first inspiration photo, with the pink walls.. very girly, but oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Katie!!

    Wonderful collection of ideas! :) I maintain a blog on craft room ideas and well, maybe, just maybe, you'll find some ideas there.. :) I love the yellow, very cheerful and bright.

    Good luck on your room! When it's done, I'd love to blog about it if it's okay with you. ;)

    Hugs,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting! i think you should paint the room a pretty light blue. here's my thought process:

    - when you guys have a baby at some point, the craft room might be the first room to go.
    - so, if the craft room becomes a nursery, you might not feel like repainting when you're all pregnant and stuff.
    - and, light blue could definitely work for a boy or a girl.

    love the white furniture idea! and i'm totally for the scrabble art plan.

    ReplyDelete