Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas is in the Air!

Apparently it's a thing for the blog world to kind of shut down during the days leading up to Christmas. My page view statistics are like WAY down. I'm glad y'all are getting in the holiday spirit! We (and by "we", I mean "I") finished our Christmas shopping yesterday, so now we've got a few days to relax before all the traveling and such begins.

I thought I'd share with you some Christmas-y photos that didn't make it into my last Christmas decor post.

First, Jeff painstakingly wove garland and lights through our balcony railing. Doesn't it look nice?


Apparently all of our courtyard-neighbors are a bunch of Scrooges. Or lazy. We have the only decorated balcony in the whole courtyard!!

Here we are all dressed up for Jeff's office's holiday party. It happened right smack dab in the middle of finals so it was a little hectic to cram it into my schedule, but it was so wonderful to actually get dressed up and just have fun for a few hours. 


My sweet husband brought these beautiful flowers home from a grocery store run. They were so pretty and Christmas-y, and I was so stressed from finals that I just about cried when I saw them. PS - thanks for the vase, BM Pilar!!


And here's my makeshift Christmas tablescape. All stuff I already had, except for the berry garland (sale at Target!) and the big milk glass bowl on the left (a recent present from Jeff's grandma!!).

I SOOO wish I had a red pashmina to put under it all. Pashminas as table runners are my new favorite thing. I have a pink one that's going to be PERFECT for Valentine's Day.

Here's a close-up of that milk glass piece. I mentioned to Jeff's grandma that I have a small milk glass collection, and then she GAVE me this bowl of hers. I thought it was so sweet and so special. I LOVE it. I have big plans for it too... weaving some ribbons through those holes, using it for a bridal shower to hold little desserts... ah, such fun!


Merry Christmas to you all. We're headed to a place called Santa's Wonderland tonight to see their great Christmas light display. I'm pretty sure they have fake snow too, and since it's 75 degrees outside as I type this, fake snow is quite exciting for us Texans. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your advice about the pants vs. skirts issue when it comes to "Continued Education" interviews. I know what you mean about there being certain unspoken rules about what is appropriate to wear to said-interview. I think med school and legal interviews are a little different though.

    There's a weird issue with med school interviews in that you wouldn't wear a skirt to examine a patient/go into surgery/etc etc so you shouldn't wear one in the interview either. Odd. It also goes hand-in-hand with them not liking women wearing their hair down because of the old fashioned thought that it might hang onto a cadaver. Creepy I know, but you have to follow the rules I guess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that Jeff is bringing you home flowers...and you're putting them in the vase I got you!! yay :) That was my intention and I'm glad such a little gesture as flowers from your sweet husband can make you smile :) love you!

    ReplyDelete