Thursday, July 31, 2014

Four years ago today...

... in a little chapel, on one of the hottest days of the year, I married my very best friend and I couldn't imagine ever being more happy or more in love.


And then four years went by. We did law school and the Bar exam (I say "we" because you know, team effort). We saw the world. We moved into a new house and we made it our home. And sad things happened, and happy things happened, and eventually we were blessed beyond measure with a lovely little baby who will join our little family this winter, on one of the coldest days of the year.

And after all of that, now I look back on our wedding day and I think of how little I knew about happiness then, how little I understood about love. I loved my sweet husband so much on that day, but oh, how much more I love him now! And yet, part of me still thinks that at this moment, I must be the happiest girl in the world, and I still can't imagine how it could be possible to ever be more in love with him than I am today.

But the beautiful thing about fourth anniversaries is that after four years, you start to kind of sort of figure our how this whole love thing really works. And I know it only gets better from here. And I know that one day he'll love me even more than he does right now, and I'll look back and smile at how I thought I loved him so much today. And that makes me so, so amazingly excited about the next four years. And the four after that. And the forty after that.

I can't wait for years five through forever. :)

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:7-8

Want to travel back in time? Here are my posts from our third anniversary, our second anniversary, and our first anniversary. And here's how we celebrated our first, our second, and our third.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! It's beautiful what you said about loving him more and knowing more happiness than you did four years ago. I hope I get to understand that feeling someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope y'all had a happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete