Friday, August 2, 2013

So Long, Bar Exam!

DONE.

I didn't have the energy to do much of anything last night, so we celebrated with champagne from our Napa trip and three hours of catching up with our DVR.

I really, really hope I passed, because I really, really do not want to have to take that test again. Now we just have to wait until October 31st to find out. I've already had so many people ask me "how do you think you did?" which is a horrible question because (a) I feel like it was downright horrible, (b) that doesn't mean anything because I'm always harder on myself than I should be, so I have no idea how I really did, (c) doing awful doesn't mean anything, because it's a crazy test where most of the people who pass feel like they did awful, and (d) I don't find out for THREE MONTHS whether I passed, so it's all just pointless to guess at this point.

I just keep telling myself that I should be fine (my law school has something like an 88% pass rate, and I did really well in law school, so my chances of failing are quite low, statistically speaking), but it's hard to drown out the negative thoughts with statistics and practicality. I think trying to forget about it for three months is the better option. 

To all of you - thank you for your thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks, and especially the last few days. I've felt so supported, and I truly appreciate it! 

Now it's time to rest up and clean the house and get my life put back together! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you passed!! But I remember how those months of waiting feel so long. At least the hard part is over now! :)

    ReplyDelete