Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lemon Ice Cream

You guys. Yesterday, I turned in the most giant paper ever. 80 pages of legal analysis and discussion, and 249 footnotes of substantiation. It's not the longest thing I've ever written, but it's definitely the most well-researched piece of writing I've put together ever. I have a three-foot-tall stack of articles and cases and statutes sitting in my living room (and that's just the things I printed out!). Today, I'm throwing the whole stack into the recycling bin. I've been working on that thing since October, and yesterday I turned in the finished copy. "Weight off my shoulders" doesn't even begin to describe it. 

Anyway, what better way to celebrate than with some homemade ice cream, right? Do you like lemon desserts? If you do, you've GOT to make this. It's just absolutely delicious and perfectly puckery and creamy and lovely. I think grow more in love with my ice cream maker every time I use it.


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
3 cups half & half
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
2 tsp grated lemon zest (grate them before squeezing out the juice!)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved and it's all mixed well. 
2. Pour the mixture into an electric ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions, or until stiff (mine took about 40 minutes).
3. Store in a sealed container in the freezer. Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.

(juiced lemons)

(mixed ingredients)

(waiting...)

Ta-da!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment