Monday, October 24, 2011

Crock-Pot Barbecue Chicken

We looooove this recipe. It makes really delicious barbecue chicken - perfect for making BBQ sandwiches (but I'm sure it's good as just chicken as well!). Plus, it's a Crock-Pot recipe, so you know it's easy!


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1.5 to 2 lbs frozen chicken breasts (I use about 6 chicken breasts)
18oz of BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's brand)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Directions:
1. Put chicken breasts in the Crock-Pot.
2. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl.
3. Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
4. Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
5. Shred the chicken with two forks, and serve! (I serve the chicken on Sister Schubert's Dinner Yeast Rolls, my go-to delicious roll!)

Sauce ingredients

In the Crock-Pot!

Yummy BBQ sandwiches!

Mmm!

This is such a great recipe. I thought the Italian dressing was a little odd when I first looked at the recipe, but it gives it a slight bit of a tangy flavor, and when you mix that with the sweetness of the brown sugar... Mmmmm! Basically, y'all should all make this. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I make this ALL THE TIME. SO GOOD! Next time you make it, shred the chicken about an hour before it's done and throw it back in the pot. It's SO much better than the other way :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delish! I made a casserole not long ago with Italian dressing in it and was hesitant, too - David and I both loved it, though! It was the perfect amount of kick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you put the chicken in the crock pot still frozen?

    http://ourlifebeyondthegame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kristin - yep, I think it keeps it from getting too dried out when you do it that way! I know there's some sort of health guideline that says it's safer to never put frozen chicken in a Crock-Pot, but I always use a food thermometer to make sure it's reached 170 degrees on the inside, and I feel safe doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete